You’re preparing your baby’s nursery, right? As you picture your perfect nursery aesthetic and decor, I think we can agree that the crib sheet can absolutely be the main event. We’ve seen so many moms design their nurseries around a single crib sheet, and we understand why! That humble piece of fabric makes a statement and will play a big role in your baby’s life.
Let’s be real. Whether you’re dreaming of mini crib sheets or cute crib sheets for girls (or boys), you just want your baby to get a good night’s sleep at the end of the day. SpearmintLOVE lives and breathes the world of crib sheets. Let’s enter the magical baby kingdom of sleep together to help you make a high-quality and stylish crib sheet choice.
Crib Sheets 101
What's a crib sheet? Seems like a simple question, but you start reading words like “mini” or “standard” and dive into safe sleep and suddenly you realize you may be spending more time than you thought researching crib sheet sizes (maybe even more time than your baby will actually sleep on the crib sheet in the early months…just kidding! Sending you all the sleepy baby dust.)
Many baby cribs are the standard size, which needs to fit a baby’s standard-size mattress like a glove. Not all cribs are the same and that goes for crib sheets too! Are you saving space and opting for a mini crib? Your baby can still have a comfortable and safe sleep environment, but you’ll need mini crib sheets in that case!
The Quest for the Best Crib Sheets
We love aesthetics as much as you, but we know you’re going to want high-quality crib sheets that feel good against baby’s delicate skin. What to look for:
- Material: Want your crib sheet to feel like a gentle kiss on baby's skin? Grab a muslin crib sheet. They are breathable, soft, and great for all seasons. Stretch crib sheets made from viscose from bamboo also feel incredible! I wish they came in a king mattress size.
- Fitted: A.k.a snug as a bug, ya know? We want no bunching for a safe sleep environment. The crib sheet should fit securely around the mattress.
- Wash On Repeat: Trust us, you want easy-to-clean crib sheets because babies are tiny, messy (but adorable) humans. Yes, I will hang dry for aesthetics but getting crib sheets that can handle a spin cycle like a champ are also amazing for those middle of the night crib sheet changes.
- Built to Last: Yes, our babies are growing up fast, but high-quality crib sheets that can run the laundry marathon again and again without losing their shape and softness is just what you need.
Crib Sheets for Girls and Boys
It’s nursery decor talk time! Crib sheets have come a long way from the days when you could only get them in pastel colors or with mini elephants and giraffes (if that’s your style, we love it!). But maybe you have a completely different personality than the old classics. Here are our other style suggestions.
Crib Sheets for Boys:
- National Park Vibes: Ready for adventure! Think moose, bison, and trees. Your little explorer will drift off to sleep in no time.
- Dogs: Need we say more? This crib sheet will be his best friend.
- Modern Geometrics: For the minimalist mama, aesthetic geometric patterns or neutrals will be perfect for your modern, sophisticated nursery.
Crib Sheets for Girls:
- Floral: A garden of dreams for a classic girl mom, floral crib sheets, whether delicate, bold, or retro, are so sweet for baby girls’ nursery.
- Boho Chic: Peace, love, and sleep?
- Princess Pink: She deserves all the pink crib sheets (think pink dot, light pink, mauve, any pink works!)
Mini Crib Sheets
Mini cribs are perfect for rooms that are tight on space or when the crib is only for occasional use (Grandma’s house, etc). SpearmintLOVE found a lack of aesthetic mini crib sheets so we brought the best styles of standard crib sheets to our mini crib sheet selection. Mini crib sheets deserve the best style, too!
Rest Easy: Tips for a Good Night's Sleep
All we really want is a peaceful night, right? Creating a healthy and safe sleep environment will give you some peace of mind. Here's some mom wisdom:
- Temperature Control: Muslin crib sheets can be your best friend here. They're breathable and help regulate your baby’s temperature. It’s important to prevent overheating.
- How to Layer: Think layers but safety first! Start with that fitted crib sheet the base around a firm, flat mattress intended for baby sleep. Since no comforters, blankets, pillows, toys, quilts, non-fitted sheets, crib bumpers or any other products should be placed in the crib with baby, consider putting baby in a wearable blanket or sleep bag designed for infant sleep.
- Nighttime Routine: Signal to your baby that it’s time to sleep with a calm and predictable bedtime routine. Warm baths, lullabies, and a bedtime story can tell your little one that it is time to snooze.
Rock The Nursery With Crib Sheet
Crib sheets might be a small purchase in the scheme of everything you’ll get for your baby, but they're big in importance. Choosing the right crib sheets means creating a cozy, aesthetic, and safe sleep haven for your baby.
Whether you're eyeing mini crib sheets, crib sheets for your baby girl or baby boy, or just want the best crib sheets ever,, remember to prioritize comfort, quality, and, of course, your unique aesthetic. We want you to rest easy knowing you got the best crib sheet for your style and baby.